The Indian School Certificate (Year-12) Course provides, through the medium of English, a curriculum for a two – year course of study beyond the ten-year school curriculum leading to an examination conducted by the Council for I.S.C. Examinations, New Delhi ( CISCE hereafter ) and is recognized as the equivalent of the two – year Pre-University Course in various states, including Karnataka.
The course for study in Science and Commerce is so designed that the students, at the end of Std.12 are in a state of preparedness to attempt various competitive examinations, particularly in Engineering, Medicine, Accounting and Management.
The syllabus in English and other elective subjects are prescribed separately for Standards 11 and 12. The syllabus for Std.11 will be examined INTERNALLY by the School and the syllabus for Std. 12 will be examined EXTERNALLY by the CISCE.
The following subjects are offered at present:
Compulsory Subjects :
Elective Subjects :
|Science Stream||Commerce Stream||Humanities Stream|
Socially Useful Productive Work and Community Service ( Assessed Internally ).
Note : All students must offer four elective subjects.
Application to std. 11 is open to boys and girls who have been awarded pass certificates in the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE) or an equivalent High school Examination approved by the CISCE.
Note : No student’s admission can be confirmed without a Transfer certificate from the school last attended.
Eligibility For Admission
Considering the vigorous nature of the ISC course, the applicant is expected to meet the following requirements to be eligible for admission:
General Regulations :
The ISC course is under the school system and as such, the school calendar will be followed for all functions. The daily school routine will also be followed by the ISC students.
- Students are expected to be punctual and regular in their attendance at lectures. They must stay within the campus until they finish all their classes during the morning and the afternoon sessions.
- Students are required to wear the prescribed school uniform.
- Each school day begins with corporate prayer in assembly when the students are reminded that “The fear of the lord is the beginning of wisdom”. The school motto is “Our utmost for the Highest”.
- School hours: 8:00 a.m.to3:00 p.m.
- Lunch Break : 12:00 p.m. to 12:25p.m.